Glisten Disposer Care
DISPOSER & DRAIN FOAMING CLEANER
When using Glisten® Disposer Care®, please keep in mind
- The disposer is turned off and all remaining food waste is flushed out with water
- Run a strong steam of hot water into the disposer-side sink (but not directly into the drain) for about a minute
- Reduce stream until water flow is roughly the width of a pencil, and allow stream to continue draining into the disposer-side sink
- Insert one biodegradable Glisten Disposer Care packet completely into the disposer
- If content packets are solid, knead with your fingers to break up
- Once inserted, turn on your disposer and watch the powerful foaming action rid your disposer of excess build-up and nasty odors
- Cleaning time varies, but should take between 2-4 minutes. Cleaning is complete when the foam retreats into the disposer and you hear a swish of water
- Rinse the remaining foam left in your sink into the drain and you are finished!
Click here for an instructional video about Disposer Care®
Other General Disposer Tips
- Never mix cleaners. There is always a chance for a negative reaction. Make sure any surface is rid of other chemicals before using more chemical.
- Never use hot water in your disposer unless you are using a disposer cleaner like Glisten Disposer Care. The high temperature of the water can melt fat scraps and oils which may re-solidify as a blockage further down the drain's pipes
- Safe for all septic systems, plumbing and plumbing fixtures
- Disposers will instantly shut off when over-heated, use Glisten Disposer Care monthly to clean, freshen and maintain your disposer.