Glisten Dishwasher Magic
MACHINE CLEANER & DISINFECTANT
For a truly clean dishwasher, follow these cleaning tips:
- Wipe around the edges of the door and around the gasket. This space doesn't get washed during the dishwasher cycle. Use a damp cloth. If rust is present, a bit of Super Iron Out Rust Stain Remover with an old toothbrush or other soft bristled brush will do the trick.
- Clean under the bottom of the door. In some dishwashers, this is a dead spot where water doesn't go, so it can accumulate debris. Wipe this off.
- Run the garbage disposer before starting the dishwasher. The dishwasher drains into the same pipe as your sink, so that drain must be clear.
- Run a bit of hot water in your sink before running the dishwasher. You will get cleaner dishes if the water starts hot. You can collect the water you run and use it for watering plants or other purposes. Run the water until what comes out of the tap feels hot.
- Use only detergents designed for use in dishwashers. Do not use the liquid dish soap that you use to wash dishes by hand. The dishwasher is designed to contain water spraying from certain directions, not a thick layer of suds. You'll only make a mess.
- Regularly clean your dishwasher. It is recommended by all manufacturers to maintain maximum cleaning performance.
Click here to watch Dishwasher Magic in action.
Keep your dishwasher running for years to come with these general dishwasher maintenance tips:
- Don’t forget to clean the dish rack. If the plastic coating wears off of the tines of the dish racks in your dishwasher, they may corrode and rust.
- Clean your filter. At the bottom of most dishwashers, or under the lower spray arm, there is a filter that needs to be cleaned regularly. If your dishwasher has this filter, check your owner’s manual to find out how to remove and clean it. If it has holes in it, replace it to protect the pump and motor seals from particles that may be in the dishwasher.
- Keep the spray arm clean. Over time, the small holes in the spray arm(s) of your dishwasher may become clogged with bits of food, lime scale and hard water build-up. Your dishwasher will do a better job of cleaning your dishes if these holes are clear. Let Glisten® Dishwasher Magic do the work for you.